Microsoft Small Business Server – Sales and Professional Services
Dallas Technology Solutions can help you create a secure and productive network with Microsoft Small Business Server. Microsoft’s award-winning SBS Server adds value to your business by protecting your valuable data and ensuring the productivity of your workforce.
Microsoft Small Business Server
What is Microsoft Windows Small Business Server?
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server (commonly referred to as SBS 2003, SBS 2008, SBS 2011 or Windows Essential 2012) is for companies that want a cost effective way to get access to some of the best Microsoft technologies. Such as:
- Microsoft Exchange 2003 / 2008 / 2010 – Centralized and easy to manage email server, shared calendars, public folders, Outlook Web Access, Outlook over RPC, and shared mailboxes are just some of the more popular features.
- Remote Web Workplace – Lets you access the desktop of your computer at the office, connect to your office network, or access the companies internal website.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (with SBS 2003) or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (with SBS 2008 and SBS 2011 Standard) – A powerful database server that is available with the SBS Premium Editions.
- Windows SharePoint Services – Online collaboration with document libraries, shared tasks, announcemnets, and online document review. This is a great starting for building internal web applications.
- Many vendors like Symantec offer deep discounts on their products if they are being run on a SBS server. Microsoft also offers this with Microsoft Dynamics CRM SBE package with discounted pricing just for small business server.
Who is Microsoft Small Business Server for?
Companies that have less than 75 users or computers, companies that want to install their first file server, companies that are upgrading an existing Windows file server, and companies that want to add either Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft SQL server to their current environment.
Who is Microsoft Small Business Server NOT for and why not?
Companies that have less than 25 users, do not expect to grow beyond that in the next few years, and do not need Microsoft Exchange should consider Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials instead. The software is no charge to you with the purchase of certain model servers from Dell, HP, IBM, etc.
Companies that have more than 75 users or computers. SBS licensing only lets you have 75 users so even if only you have 50 users right now, but are expecting to grow to 75 you probably want consider using the regular Windows server products so that your technology is not restricting your growth.
Why choose McKinney Technology Solutions to help setup your Small Business Server Network?
Our consultants have a lot of experience with all versions of Small Business Server. We have many of our Dallas-Fort Worth area clients running some version of it and are familiar with all of its features. In the last 2 years months we have migrated clients from older versions of Small Business Server to the latest 2011 version, setup new SBS 2008 installations, migrated workgroups to SBS 2003, moved existing Windows 2000 and 2003 active directory domains to Microsoft Small Business Server 2003 R2, and have even helped clients who grown out of SBS using the Microsoft Transition Pack.
If you are local to the Dallas-Fort Worth area a consultant can come into your office and show how we can help your transition to Small Business Server be a smooth one.
Contact us today to learn more about how our Professional Services can help your business.